ICC Professional Development Opportunities
The ICC values the music teachers of Central Indiana! We are excited to announce the following upcoming opportunities for music educators.
If you have any questions, please contact Lauren Southard at email@example.com. We hope to see you soon!
5th Annual Teacher Symposium! (CHANGES!)
- Teacher Symposium – taking place online – accessible July 20 – 24th
- $25 for access code to recorded sessions – watch at your own pace
- Additional $15 for extended session – Conducting Intensive with Joshua Pedde including 2 live online class sessions (July 21st & July 23rd, 10:00am – 11:00am)
- Platform for participants to submit questions and discussion as they navigate through recorded sessions
- Live online panel discussion/wrap-up with presenters on Friday, July 24th at 2:00pm
Certificate of professional development hours completed will be provided.
We’re always evolving to meet the needs of our community of colleagues. Each year, the ICC Teacher Symposium designs new sessions and hosts special guest speakers! Every Symposium is different – join us this year for our 5th Anniversary!
New this year: Comfort Level Tracks
Split sessions will provide a choice based on level of experience and comfort level with the session topic. Ex: Vocal Pedagogy for experienced singers, as well as an introduction to vocal technique for those teachers less experienced in the choral world!
The Symposium welcomes all music teachers and directors – from all backgrounds!
The 2020 Symposium will cover these topics and more:
– Maintaining Personal Motivation in Our Field
– Social Emotional Learning
– Kodaly Methodology
– Beginning Teacher Concerns & Support
– Movement in the Choral Classroom
– Conducting Technique
– Vocal Pedagogy
– Elementary Games Teachers Love Too
– Conducting & Movement Connections
– And more!
Register here: https://icchoir.org/teacher-symposium/
Free Support for Local Music Teachers through the ICC Innovations Program
2019-20 School Year and Beyond
Would you like an ICC Director to visit your school and work with your students? Do you wish you had more resources to expand a certain aspect of your curriculum and would like a workshop in folk dancing, singing games, etc. to be offered to your students during the school day?
Do you know a first year/beginning music teacher who might appreciate some extra support from a local organization like the ICC?
Click here and fill out the interest form and we will get back to you!
Innovations is a service provided by the Indianapolis Children’s Choir to show appreciation for the outstanding dedication of local music teachers to the high-quality music education of the students of central Indiana.